Honey Crunch Energy Bars with Wheat Germ
Submitted by Kretschmer Wellness Team on Wed, 07/13/2016 - 18:29
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped dates (about 12)
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup Kretschmer Honey Crunch Wheat Germ
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 8 x 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- 2. In medium bowl mix oats, coconut, dates, almonds, flaxseeds and wheat germ together with a spatula.
- 3. In another bowl, whisk egg, honey, almond butter, baking soda and salt until smooth and creamy.
- 4. Pour honey almond butter mixture into dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- 5. Transfer mixture into prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and slightly firm to touch. Move to wire rack and cool completely. Cut mixture into bars.