Soccer Snacks with a Healthy Kick
Over the years we’ve seen our share of soccer snacks and quite frankly it’s often a little surprising what some of the parents bring. Cookies, candy and high-sugar fruit or punch drinks are certainly going to be gobbled down by the players but they really aren’t going to do much for the kids’ stamina, performance—or teeth, for that matter!
We’ve come up with five great-tasting snack suggestions for the next big game:
- 1 - Mini paper cup with a dollop of ranch dressing mixed with wheat germ. Arrange baby carrots on top.
- 2 - Fruit kebobs. Skewer chunks of pineapple, melon, grapes and banana on bamboo skewers cut in half.
- 3 - Mini raisin packets. Simple, but satisfying and much healthier than candy.
- 4 - Trail mix. Popcorn, pumpkin seeds, large-chunk granola, raisins, coconut and dried cranberries are all good choices.
- 5 - Banana slices, peanut butter and a sprinkle of wheat germ between graham crackers. A delicious and filling snack kids will love!